We are proud to offer a complete range of education programs, specialized support and services, and many exciting learning opportunities that will enhance your child's knowledge, talents and abilities.
The Alberta Education Act requires us to prioritize the enrolment of Catholic students who live inside a school’s attendance area. We are also happy to enroll non-Catholic students and students who live outside a school’s attendance area when sufficient resources and facilities are available.
Registration procedures for St. Sylvester school 2021-2022
Please read through the detailed information below outlining our registration procedures.
All registrations for 2021-2022 school year will start on January 4, 2022.
Students currently on our “waitlist” are required to fill out registrations to finalize placement at the school. Morning and afternoon spots only are available at St. Sylvester school and will be assigned on a first come, first register basis. You must submit all documents to receive your placement in the kindergarten program. Partial registrations will not be accepted, and your placement will not be assigned until we have received all supporting documents.
Registration for 2021-2022 school year will begin on January 4th.
Kindergarten students must turn five on December 31 of the year the child will be attending school. For example, this means to register for September 2022, a child must turn five by December 31, 2025.
Grade 1 students must turn six on December 31 of the year the child will be attending school.
Grades 2-6 registrations: Please enquire directly with the school for space availability as well as required French language abilities.
- A Canadian birth certificate will be required.
* Students born outside of Canada must register through St. John Reception Centre after inquiring for room and availability at St. Sylvester. It is located at 15-12 Street NW. Students whose first language is not English, may be required to complete an English language proficiency assessment. Interpreters are available upon request at no cost to the families. Appointments are required, please call 403-500-2007. *
- A Baptismal certificate of either child or parent is recommended. for Kindergarten and required for Grade 1 -6 entry.
- Proof of residency within St. Sylvester boundaries is required. (driver’s license, utility bill)
The Calgary Catholic School District has designated boundaries for all schools. These boundaries were created to ensure optimal student populations that support viable programming across the district. It is the expectation that students will attend their designated school.
The French Immersion program is a program of choice and as such we accept students from the following communities to apply: Silver Springs, Scenic Acres, Crestmont, Valley Ridge, Royal Oak, Tuscany and Rocky Ridge.
Please be aware that school attendance boundaries can and do change to accommodate factors including changing demographic information, the opening or closing of a school, to relieve overcrowding in schools etc. Please enquire with your school to ensure you are within their catchment boundaries. Proof of residency will be required.
Email your registration request by contacting St. Sylvester on or after January 4, 2021. Please indicate whether you prefer a morning or afternoon spot. (Bell times) Once a request is received, you can choose one of the following:
1) Registration form can be emailed to you.
2) You may make an appointment to pick up a registration form on or after January 4, 2022. You will not be able to enter the school as per new district Covid-19 regulations.
3) If you have a sibling at the school, we can send a registration form home with your child.
You are required to return the completed forms to the school to finalize your registration. Please note that placements are determined by the order in which the completed registration form and required documents are received. Please also indicate whether your child has a special need that will need to be accommodated.
When the school receives your completed forms, your registration will be time stamped and you will receive an email confirmation that your child will be placed in either the morning or afternoon kindergarten class.
To ensure a balanced kindergarten class we will fill our morning spots by first taking 10 boys and 10 girls. Once these spots are filled all other registrations will go to fill the afternoon spots. You can request to be put on waitlist in case a spot opens in the morning. You may let us know about this request when you receive your placement confirmation.
For further questions or concerns please contact the school at 403-500-2063 or Click on the Contact tab in the top right.